Create during studio hours
- RESERVE. Make an online reservation for groups of 3 or more makers. If you have only 1 or 2 makers, you are welcome to walk-in or call ahead. Table reservations are for two hours.
- WALK-IN. Walk-in are always welcome. If we do not have any open tables, we are happy to add your group to a waitlist. First come, first served. Tables are available for two hours.
- CALL AHEAD. Call before you are headed to downtown McKinney. If there is a table available, we can hold it for 15 minutes. If there are no tables available, we will add your name to the waitlist.
- UPDATE: If you see “NO AVAILABLE BLOCKS” (times) or nothing that works with your schedule, please call the studio on the day of your visit and we will check our calendar. 972-547-4472
- If you have only 1 or 2 makers, you are welcome to walk-in or call ahead. We can hold a table for 15 minutes.
Select your piece to paint.
This is sometimes the hardest part because there are so many pieces to choose from. We can’t help ourselves when it comes to ordering – so there is a great selection of home décor, dinnerware, mugs, kid-friendly pieces and so much more. Prices range from $17 – $70+ and we are an all inclusive studio, which means the price of each piece includes the pottery, supplies and kiln firing.
Design & paint something fabulous!
This part is soooo easy & you don’t need to be an artist – we promise! We’ll teach you the basics to get you started and there are oodles of easy-to-do tips, tricks & techniques to help you along the creative journey. We have tape, stickers, stencils and silk screens for easy fun.
Leave your piece for kiln firing.
Plus, we’ll clean up the mess! How cool is that? We hand-glaze each piece & fire it in-house, this is the behind-the-scenes magic. Pieces are food-safe, lead-free and will be ready for pick up in about 7 days.
Select your glass base.
This is the size and color of your first layer of glass. Just about everything is built on a base and pieces are priced according to their base size. We have 6″, 8″, and 10″ squares and 6″ x 12″ and 8″ x 2″ rectangle bases. Prices start around $30 + tax.
Decorate the glass base.
This is where the fun begins and it’s contagious! We will show you how to nip, zip (score), and break glass. We have several colors of glass and a huge variety of shapes from pre-cut bits, jelly beans & buttons, buffalo chips, strips, stringers, noodles, rods, frit and gems. Overwhelmed yet? Don’t be! With just one visit, you will be hooked, familiar with the lingo, and an awesome glass fusing artist.
Leave your piece for kiln firing.
When you’re done, leave everything and we’ll clean up! Can you believe how cool “warm” glass can be? Your glass will be fired in-house and will be ready for pick up in about 14 days.
Select your vessel and scent.
We have a variety of vessels to choose from and the most amazing scents made from high-quality fragrance oils. Choose from everyday scents like “a day at the spa”, “fresh linen” or seasonal scents like “cypress bayberry”. Our seasonal scents rotate quarterly. Feeling a bit adventurous? Combine oils to make your unique blend.
Weigh, measure, and mix.
Here’s the fun – perhaps in a nerdy, scientific way! Candle making is a formula as far as the wick, wax and oil combo is concerned. But we’ve broken it down into a few simple steps. Set your wick, weigh the fragrance oil and wax according to the chart, combine and stir for melted goodness.
Candles are ready to go in 60 minutes.
After blending, let your candle sit for about 60 minutes and it’s ready to go. Our candles make the perfect make-and-take project for last minute gifts since they are ready to go the same day, unlike pottery and glass.